Saturday, March 8, 2008

keep the pace

School is still the same-old; but outside of the academics life is moving. I truly fancy being on the go with exciting things to do; it makes me smile!

Track conditioning started two weeks ago and I am so glad I am running! It has to be one of the best decisions--if not the best decision-- I have made all school year! It took me no time at all to get in shape, and I never got sore! Earlier this week we took a trip to Cedar Point. Some of the other runners made the trip sound like it was going to be quite rough, but it was really not bad at all. Let me clarify; Cedar Point is a drill. We ride to the park (roughly a 10 min run) before Steel (coach) shouts out one of three "rides," butt-kickers, knees-to-chest, or majorette (jumping and touching toes) which we do until he says run (intense, each ride is at least 30 seconds, which may not sound like a lot, but it is). We run for 5 (or more) minutes before he shouts out the next "ride." We did all of the rides twice and then "rode" back to school. Soon I will have a chance to Pole Vault.

Musical rehearsals are picking up, well trying to, the weather has caused several cancellations resulting in us having 17.5 hours of musical practice canceled! The cast is going to have to really focus and listen to be ready curtains on April 4 and 5. It's crunch time, but we'll be able to bring everything together into a great show. After all it is 'My Favorite Year'. ;-)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have seen you coming and going around the house...
I am glad you are enjoying this busy time. I am sure that you will enjoy track and pole vaulting. I hope with my work schedule I will be able to get to several of your track meets.
I guess for Dad and me this alone time is just another taste of our future..... Love you