Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Psalm 13: Brooke Gugel Version

Please read Psalm 13 before you read my version. If you don't have a bible in front of you google it! It is an awesome psalm. We used it tonight in Youth Ministry Seminar 1! I re-wrote it in a way I have never done...it has a little attitude, let me know your thoughts please.


Psalm 13

Hey God!? You up there?
Remember me here on earth?
Would you mind droppin' me a line
I haven't heard from you in a while?

Life has been miserable
It doesn't make sense
People here are jerks
My problems keep punching me in the face

Hey God!? Wont you listen to me?
I want to be happy again
I'm tired of being beaten down
Culture's about to declare victory over me
It has begun a beer bash to celebrate my defeat

But God. I know you've got this
you're taken care of me
So I think I'll throw my own party
one to glorify You

1 comment:

Julie said...

Interesting. I remember rewriting scripture in class at hesston too. It does give it new meaning to you. keep up the good work!! Crash the beer bash party with the GOD party I love it!!