Friday, June 12, 2009

An Iowan for the summer!

Welcome to Iowa! So for those of you who missed the boat I am living in Iowa this summer with my uncle Duane, aunt Karen, and cousin Aleigha! On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I babysit my cousin Jeremy's 3 children and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I babysit my cousin Natasha's 3 children. Once I week I volunteer at the youth center "Elements" in town. It is great!

I'm here until August 1st. I will head home then and be home for my whole birthday for the first time since I turned 15! I am excited and will enjoy spending 2 weeks at home before I head back out to Hesston for my last year of college.

I've come to realize that I do not know how regularly I will be able to get to Iowa after I graduate next year. Growing up we came out 2 weeks a year or more and I know that after I graduate and continue on I may not be able to come out here near as often. Which is so sad, all my vacations growing up were here with my Gugel family. I am grateful for the chance to spend this summer here with my family.

Wednesday night I went out for a motorcycle ride with my cousin Shannon, her husband, and their friend. After cruising around for several hours we headed back. It was probably around 11pm when a deer ran out in front of Scotty and Shannon's bike. They hit the young buck and crashed. We were following them on our bike and stopped. Thankfully they are okay. Scotty fractured at least 1 rib and broke a finger, both Shannon and Scotty have plenty of road rash. They were wearing helmets, Scotty had a leather jacket on and Shannon was wearing four shirts. The accident could have been so much worse, the ditch was deep, it could have happened when they were alone, we could have collided into them with our motorcycle if we'd been to close, the bike could flipped. Thank you God.

1 comment:

Danae said...

Hi!! Do you think you could send me an address to which I could mail you things this summer?