Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I don't want to say farewell to dance

Well, I could be working on my psych or Spanish project, and probably should be, but I don't want to sooooo, that can all wait until later. I am going to enjoy myself for a little bit. : D For the books senioritis is getting the best of me. I am quite looking forward to my last day of school which is now 18 days away. Graduation follows on May 25, yeay!

Yesterday we had a track meet at Patrick Henery against both PH and Liberty Center. The girls took first (boo-ya)! Personally I did pretty well. I took 4th in my open 100 heat (which really isn't much because it was the slower heat) but I did run faster, 15.3, which made me happy, because at the last meet I got my worst 100 time, 16.1 ...boo! Yesterday was also my first time running the open 400 (I've been signed up to run it, but I have had to leave the meets early for various, yet important reasons). I took 1st place in my heat with a time of 74! That made me quite happy, I had only ran 1 400 in a race setting, and that was at a practice a couple of weeks ago, so I did well. Pole Vaulting is fun, but I have not taken it to a meet yet. None of us are ready to compete except Devin who pole vaulted at his old school several years back. He has helped us out a bunch, especially since this is Evergreen's first year pole vaulting and the coaches are newbies too. I also have some glitches that I need to fix, but none of us are quite sure what I am doing wrong. Oh well, it's still fun.

This Friday and Saturday Jessica and I are dancing at Waldren High School in our last dance recital ever. I love to dance and have done acrobatics for the past 14 years of my life, so I have mixed feelings about this recital. Performing on the stage is thrilling and great fun, but once Saturday's show is over who knows when I will dance on a stage again. I am hoping to find a studio in Findley or Lima; however, that is not quite as simple as it sounds. Many studios only have little kid classes, and I am not to hip on the idea of starting ballet over at square one. Not only is my ballet and acrobatics over, but my church dance is done meeting for the year. The other 2 senior girls and I (as well as 2 senior guys who were game to join us dancers) are going to dance May 19 for senior commissioning to the song Pure Flow by SuperChick. I am not completely finished dancing yet; in fact, tonight a swing dance class started at the FCHC rehab center in Wauseon. My buddy Josh Schafer and I have been wanting to go swing dancing since 10th grade and have finally found a place that fits our schedules and wallets! It'll be fun, Josh is like a brother to me and who knows when we will be able to hang out again.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I don't want to say farewell to you being a little girl! time marches on and saying good bye in so may sharpes and forms is part of it. I know that God has BIG plans for you, and I can't imagine that dancing isn't part of it. When I see you dancing for HIM, it is a worship experience for me as well as you. May you fondly remember your dance classes. May you be open to whatever God has for you. May you be able to look back at your growing up years through all the joys and sorrows and say It was good!

Brooke said...

oh goodness mom.