Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall Break

Fall break was wonderful and as expect went by much too quickly for my liking. The flights went well and I was occupied reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. Since Shane lives in Philadelphia the book included many organizations and such in the area. This offered me encouragement as I feel that I am exhausting all of the routes and connections I have to the area. Who knows; I am trusting God and seeking with him.

Nathaniel and I watched the Phillies games with his cousins and I must say I am hooked! When I was back on campus Wednesday I was sad that I was not going to be able to watch the game that night; then Marlene whom I babysit for on Thursdays and I started talking in the cafeteria (where she works) and she invited me to watch the game there! I am psyched for the World Series!

Bill smoked some ribs and pulled pork while I was there so that I could see that his was the best He wanted to prove to me that CityQ's bbq could not compare; he was correct. Originally he was going to smoke for the community festival; however, the weather canceled that event so he smoked just for me. Bill made sure that everyone knew that they had to thank me for the smoked pulled pork by saying that if I had not been there he would not have made any. (Which would have been sad, it was a great addition to the Sunday evening Phillies game with the Franconia young adults).

On Monday I met with the Franconia Conference Youth Pastor Marlene. She gave me tour of the C-Dock School grounds and we talked about what I might like to do in her area after graduation. It was enjoyable to see the grounds and nice to put a face with the name. She did not have any specific ideas for me, but gave me some things she'd thought of and told me that she would keep me in mind.

Nathaniel took me out putt-putting (or mini-golfing as they do not call it putt-putt) and then to dinner Monday. He is amazing, we had more fun than most people could have put-putting. After he won the game (which was no surprise, he'd beaten me bowling both times we went out with his friends that weekend; he did give me some tips to improve me game), we went to eat some tasty, tasty food. After we were both stuffed, we went back to his house put on some Phillies gear and went to watch the game!

I had an amazing fall break, which as expected went by too quickly. Before I knew it Nathaniel's mom was driving me back to the airport and I was coming back to college, still I am grateful for the time Nathaniel and I were able to spend together.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I THINK YOU COULD HAVE WATCHED FISHING WITH NATHANIEL AND BEEN HOOKED TOO. :-)
IT ALWAYS AMAZES ME THAT DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE COUNTRY CALL THINGS DIFFERENT. TO BAD EVERYONE DOESN'T DO IT RIGHT LIKE WE DO HERE IN OHIO, ITS PUTT PUTT,AND POP!! GLAD YOU GOT TO HAVE SOME OF BILLS FAMOUS SMOKED MEAT.