Thursday, December 13, 2007

Creepy story for english

1 December 2007

Christmas break is still nineteen days away, and I entered yet another boring week at Evergreen. I do not know if I am capable of make it that much longer. Every day school is the same thing over and over again. My repetitive schedule goes something like this: I wake up, get ready for school, drive twenty minutes to Evergreen, sit in an English class, go to band, sit in a speech class (which is basically another English class), and finally drive home. My life is becoming too monotonous.
My weekly highlight, I hope that I have not kept you, my loyal readers, in suspense for too long. Especially since this weeks highlight is not extraordinarily thrilling. I went to the eye doctor hoping that he could do something about my new glasses (they have been throwing off my depth perception). This was a waste of my time because he simply said, “Just wait until Tuesday and see if they get better.” I waited this long to come in hoping the glasses would get better and he told me to wait longer! Anyways, I got back into my car and waved to an old man who was walking his two dogs; he motioned for me to wait a minute because he had something to say to me. I cautiously rolled down my window and he told me that I have a look-alike in Arkansas. She is his cousin, and he thought it was important for me to know. I chuckled and told him I thought that it was kind of cool to learn that I had a double. He laughed and said something about how he met his double outside of a factory. “You probably think I am a weirdo,” he said just before shaking my hand. He told me that I could hit him for being mean and bothering me. I simply told him I that I did not think that he was being mean and that I would not hit him. The man laughed again, jokingly hit my shoulder, told me to have a nice day, and continued to walk his dogs.
This was an awfully strange encounter to be sure; nevertheless, it was the most interesting part of my week.

Once again,
Brooke

~ ~ ~

8 December 2007

Once again, there is nothing new or exciting at Evergreen. I still have the same classes day after day: two English associated classes and one music class. Luckily, there are only twelve days until Christmas break. I might be able to make it without dying of boredom.
Again, my weekly highlight is not that exciting. In Honors English we are studying three horror stories. In each story there are characters that have a double of some sort, or two characters that are complete opposites. This is called the doppelganger. Last week I met a man who said he knew my double! He knows my doppelganger! I am not superstitious; however, there are not many good things to say about having a doppelganger. Most of what I have read about doppelgangers reads that when the two look-alikes meet, they perish. Since I do not plan on going to Arkansas and meeting my double, I think that I will survive. Besides that, to be a true doppelganger her personality must be the complete opposite of mine. That is extremely unlikely and like I said before, I am not superstitious.

Once again,
Brooke

~ ~ ~

15 December 2007

Three projects were due this week in Honors English, and I have one more project due on Tuesday. It is a challenge to balance high school, family, a boyfriend, friends, church, two evenings of dance, two part time jobs, and the normal stress of a teenager, without losing sight of the sun. It is hard work. Most adults forget how much crud teenagers deal with.
To top of my full week, my weekly highlight is more like an uncontrollable bonfire of coincidence. I saw the strange old man outside the post office in Morenci, Michigan! He saw me walk out of the post office and stopped me to say that his cousin, my look-alike, is coming to town this Thursday! He thinks that she and I should have lunch. I am curious to see if this woman, whose name I still do not know, and I really are look-alikes. I told the man I would meet her at the Pizza Box at 6:30 Friday evening.
I can’t wait; I really think that it will be fun to meet this lady.

Once again,
Brooke

~ ~ ~

22 December 2007

Man, this was an engaging week! Christmas break is here and booming; no more exams, no more double-dipping in the English department. Upon returning from break, January 7, it will be a new semester of school, which means all new classes!
I met her! I met my look-a-like! She never gave me her name, yet her name was not what I wanted to know; her face is what I wanted to see. Believe it or not, she did seem to be a mirror image of myself. However, her demeanor was quite different from my warm-hearted manner. It may sound like a child’s phantom to you, my readers, yet ever sine I met her I have had this uncanny sense that I am not alone; I feel like everywhere I go, someone is watching me. I have probably just been reading too much on the doppelgangers; it is said that after meeting, the two look-alikes perish. I am not superstitious, but the proverb still sits in my mind and plays tricks in my head. Redundancy seems to be a lead in my updates; nevertheless, it puts my mind at ease to repeat that I am not superstitious and this feeling is surely just a phantom of my mind.

Once again,
Brooke

~ ~ ~

29 December 2007

I have nothing new to share, just my “highlight.”
I feel that I should stop calling this section of my updates the highlight, because they all seem to revolve around this strange man and my twin-like shadow. It was violently storming last night as I laid down to rest in my soft and comforting bed. But I distinctly remember hearing my closet door slowly creek open. Shortly thereafter a strange, and still familiar, shadow crept across my room and exploited my open door. Exactly four minutes later, a truck door slammed shut, groaned to a bitter start, and rapidly growled its way through the brisk and stormy night. What if someone really is following me? This is all just a fabrication that my mind created, right? Doppelgangers are not real, there is no curse that comes when a person meets somebody else who looks just like her, I hope.
That is all for this week. I am letting my mind dwell too long in this place. I just need to forget her. I need to forget how much she looked like me with her thick, dark, curly locks of hair that hid her heart shaped face and devious brown eyes. Don’t misunderstand me, it was fun to meet someone that looked like me, but it was strange to “look in the mirror” and see someone whose presence chilled my very soul.

Once again,
Brooke

~ ~ ~

1 January 2008

Here I write
On one late night
More on my life
Eerily I create strife

Never again shall you read
One week, one great deed
Massacre in the street
Only one was brutally beat
Roam free I, roam peacefully
Entertain fate carefully

Doomed to die
Eye to eye
Atoning death
Took her breath
Hurry, too late, Brooke has marked her fate
~Rebeccah

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Believe it or not a lot of this is based on actual events. Such as the encounter with the man outside of teh eye doctors office.

(Ah, paper 3 complete.)

Brooke said...

My honor's teacher left a comment on my paper saying that she was sorry that I hated English and Speech so much. So just for the record I wanted to share that Speech class is my absolute favorite class that I have taken in high school and honors English is not too far behind. Sorry, I did not mean to insult anybody.