Sunday, February 3, 2008

Keeping intouch with the little me.

Posted by PicasaMeet Shank! Nicole and I created her today after we were done sledding. Her name was going to be Hank, but we wanted to make a girl snowman so her name was adapted to fit. Many people gave us funny looks as they drove by. Psh, what is wrong with two senior girls creating a snowman by a stop sign? Don't judge us...hehehe, go ahead and judge we don't care.

Before creating Shank we went to the best God made sledding hill in the county and had a blast. Neither of us have good aim, but plenty of snowballs were thrown! We soon decided a ramp was needed and set off to the little woods to find wood for it. After a lot of little pieces of wood, we decided to knock down a hollowed out tree and use it for a ramp. Rip Wannahunk (named after the little hill the hollowed tree was growing on. We decided it was the burial place of a Chief Wannahunk of the local tribe) is the best ramp ever! We got nice air, and great landings.

Alright, that is enough random babblings. Long story short, Nicole and I had a blast in the snow today...but we both wonder how we were able to keep going when we were younger. We are not as young as we used to be.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Brooke it was good to see the kid in you today I hope you never lose that part of who you are!! I have many great memories of that awesome sledding hill myslef its the best!!!
Shank looks awesome and I am sure that she is bringing smiles to those who stop at the stop sign --maybe even to those how slid through or make a rolling stop :-), The sad thing is I am afraid she is melting, she is getting smaller by the minute. Shank is not as young as she used to be either. just remember there is only one alternitive to not getting older!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello love!

It got the big box full of cookies and other deliciousness in the mail yesterday! It made me smile very very big! You're pretty much awesome, in case you didn't know that already. :)

Brooke said...

OH Danae, I like you a lot.

Zoooma said...

My God made sledding hill was better than yours!!

(Thanks for triggering my memory of it. Ahhh, good times!)