Sunday, January 27, 2008

Scholarship Contest

Yesterday I came down here to participate in a full tuition scholarship (all 4 years). 1 packet of literature, 1 lecture, and 1 essay later I still have full confidence that God's will has been done. If I receive the scholarship (2 are given) it is because God wanted me to get it; if not the scholarship will go to somebody who needs it more than I do.

Honestly I am kinda torn between the two sides. If I get the scholarship sweet deal, but then my next four years are planned out. Me living on campus at Bluffton (you have to live on campus to keep the scholarship). I do not know currently whether I wish to attend college for 4 years or go for a few years and move on with my life (I do not believe that I need to know what is going to happen for the next four years of my life right now). I do believe that if I receive the scholarship that is God's way of telling me I am staying at Bluffton for the next four years and graduating.

After I completed the scholarship portion of my weekend I spent some quality time with guitar hero and Kyle. It was loads of fun. I have only played guitar hero maybe three times in my life, including yesterday. I really like it; however, when I went to sleep I definitely had a song by Matallica stuck in my head. It's all good, it was an interesting song to fall asleep to. I also tried to solve a Rubik's cube...HA, it was not successful. a super-pro at it and tried to help me, but even that didn't work. I will get it one day; I am determined.

I came back to Danae's room and we watched a Lifehouse concert on TV. Needless to say we both want to go buy their new CD now. Don't think we were lazy and sat in-front of the TV all evening. We had fun filled conversations filled with laughter and danced to soulja boy a couple of times. Hehe good times.

I was super excited about sleeping in today, but my darn self woke up before 9 and would not go back to sleep. So I gave up took a shower and wrote this blog.

God Bless

1 comment:

Julie said...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13