Monday, January 14, 2008

Junior High Retreat

Oh Camp Luz, it was good to go back. Donna and I were cooks in the Kitchen for the weekend. My hands quickly became dried, painfully so, from constantly being damp and washed. But it is okay, they are getting better.
Saturday was a long and tiring day (which I enjoyed fully). The dishwasher broke, the bleach line on the dishwasher, so we (Jenny, Donna, and I) began to wash the dishes by hand. What fun, the repairman did come quickly to repair the problem...yeah God. We finished the dishes just in time for the health inspector to come, yeah God, we got a spotless report! The bleach line broke again, yeahy God, we were able to fix it ourselves. Rochell, Donna, and I sat down 5 times all day (from 7am-11pm), for meals, to fold laundry, and one 20 minute break. After we finished up in the kitchen Donna, Emily (on Video/dishwasher), and I were guards for the night game! Good times, we (Emily traveled with me for part of the game) had spiritual applications each time we caught a group.
Donna, Emily, and I stayed up late that night watching the clock do cool things like 2:34:56 (we had been watching the clock all day for the fun filled celebration that came with each sequence of numbers) enjoying a shot of Kiwi-Strawberry Juice base (that is powerful and tasty stuff), and the delicious cookie-bars...mmmm. Donna and Emily talked about Déjà vu, and were quite surprised to learn that I had never had a Déjà vu moment before, apparently most people have them. Oh well, I must be weird.

Oh, I almost forgot. Emily got a swirly! It was good fun, and in a very clean toilet (thanks to Donna).

7 comments:

Kyle said...

poor emily...

Brooke said...

haha no need to feel bad for emily because she wanted the swirly.

Julie said...

Hey I miss Jr HI retreat. Glad you had a good weekend and have recovered! Caught up on your sleep as well as feel better from a cold--Thank you for not being upset for too long about having to go with the group from Church.

Anonymous said...

She WANTED a swirly??? Hmmm. Maybe SHE is the weird one!

Sounds like you had a fun time! Glad to read about all your "yay God" moments. You'll be all ready to go to Africa with me in a few years, huh?? ;-)

Brooke said...

Mama Lou, if God calls me to go to Africa with you, I am there in a heartbeat! Are you going again with Teen Missions, or a different organization?

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm leading the Malawi Matron Unit team this summer. I am just going to keep doing TMI until God leads otherwise! I am looking forward to the day that maybe some of my ZFWers will lead a team with me! Maybe it'll be you! Also, my family is starting a new ministry and we hope to work in part alongside TMI at the rescue units in Zambia. Our primary goals are attacking the problems of malaria and water-borne diseases to start with! Maybe in the not so distant future we'll be putting teams together as well! You're on my list of people to invite to come out...

Brooke said...

Malawi Matron Unit team, sweet. Are you building the unit or working at it?

Attack that maleria, it is bad stuff. I remember when you got it on travel day, my heart went out to you so much. What an awesome ministry for your family to start up. May God Bless it richly.