Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Buffalo Week

Maybe I should explain why I call my past week a buffalo week before I go into the actual details. Thursday morning I was at school for FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) bright and early, 7:00. Somebody asked me how my week was going and I replied by saying that it had been an eventful week. Mr. Blanchong, the teacher who oversees FCA, overheard and thought that I said my week had been buffalo. It was humorous at the time, and I think it describes the week very well. I will probably use it again in the future.

Saturday (11/3/07)
I went to the Circle K in downtown Wauseon to get gasoline after I finished working at Perfumes and More. I pulled up to pump one and could only see a diesel pump, so instead of pulling to a different pump I went to Newcomes, a marathon gas station, when I pulled in at Newcomes I realized that I had taken my gas cap off at Circle K (I am now uptown). So I got my gas and retraced my steps (I even went into Circle K to see if anybody had taken it inside)...no luck, my gas cap was gone. But I did see my friend Rebeca getting gas the the "diesel" pump, i was confused because she drove a car...definitely not made for diesel. Then i realized that on the other side the the "diesel" pump was a hose for unleaded (etc). Yep, I am a genius. One that cannot look on the left side of a pump to see the other hose.

Luckily we have a Honda accord that nobody uses sitting at home, the gas cap fits nicely on my beautiful Honda Civic.


Sunday (11/4/07)
I drove my mothers car to church. After Church I carpooled with Nicole to a Chinese restaurant (mmm), school for a band concert, and back home to my house. That evening I went up to my grandmas to clean the gutters on the shop. I did not have my keys, but simply assumed that they had fallen onto my bed when I picked up my purse, no big deal.

Monday (11/5/07)
The next morning I am ready to leave for school, but I cannot find my keys. Oh well, I will find them after school; I take my dad's keys. I head out to my car and try to start it...the battery is completely dead. OH SNAP. --I still am not sure why it was dead, nothing was left on.-- My mom and I try to jump my car...it is hooked up for 10 minutes and not getting any better. So I take my moms car and leave for school. Of course I get a tardy, no big deal. After school I try in vein to find my car keys at home...

Tuesday (11/6/07)
I ask My. Lyons, the super amazing band director, if anybody has turned in keys..of course not.
I leave for work early so that I can stop at Church and look for my car keys. I gave up and started to play piano...next thing I know I have to be at work in five minutes. OH SNAP, I run to my car, spead above 10 miles an hour in the church parking lot, hit the lights just right, pulled into a parking spot, speedily walked to work, and made it right on time. whew, that was close.

Wednesday (11/7/07)
I am really getting annoyed with my dad's keys. They are very temperamental, and only work a certain way (as his are a copy, I have the original). To get into my car I have to unlock the passengers door (after trying to unlock the drivers door, because I forget every time), reach across and unlock the drivers door) Once in the drivers seat I have to work with the keys to make them start my car. After finishing work on the farm I look for my keys in Nicole's Jetta...no luck.
Wednesday's I have worship dance at church, I share my buffalo week, and ask that they pray that I find my keys (yes, it is petty, and I admitted that to the dancers, but it is kind-of a scary thing to lose your keys).
After dance I drove to another church for We Will Worship-- a bunch of local youth groups to come together purely for worship. --It was really cool, and I could feel God's presence all around us, even though I only knew one song (that isn't what is important). I headed back to the Church to drop off a few girls, and meet with the MYFers (youth group people) who were going to run Kids Connections Sunday morning for me (we decided show a clip from VeggieTales Joshua and the Big Wall). Luckily somebody else noticed that I left my lights on and turned them off for me..close call, good thing I have jumper cables in my trunk, I almost needed them...again.
**Thanks God for having a sponsor turn off my lights, I don't think I could have handled a buffalo that was much bigger than what I already had, and you knew that. Though it may seem small to other people, I know that you used the sponsor and my lights to remind me that you loved me and had control of my life.**
My dad calls me and tells me that he stopped at the Chinese restaurant, where Nicole and I had eaten on Sunday, and asked about me keys...no luck.

It was time to frantically search my house, again.

God helped me find them. woohoo!!!
Posted by Picasa
Here is where they hid (my room). My keys were caught and wrapped around (so you could not see them hanging down) On the right side, where the frame makes and X. If you were looking for my keys, you would not be able to see them in this shot. To find my keys you would have to be standing right above the chair. At every other angle the keys are hidden.




I will admit it, I was overjoyed. I jumped up and down, laughed, did a little dance, and yelled " I FOUND MY KEYS, I FOUND THEM," roughly 20 times and then called my friend Doc to share the good news... She was not quite as excited as I was ;-)


That pretty much wraps up the excitement; I have no doubt that God helped me all throughout my buffalo week. If you disagree with me oh well, I believe that God helps in small ways as well as in the big ways.


Remember to thank God for the small moments of relief and encouragement when your next Buffalo week comes to steal your peace.

1 comment:

Julie said...

No wonder you didn't get the stuff done I asked you to do yesterday, as you were writing this lengthy blog. So if you are reading this today--STOP go get those bedrooms ready for our company tonight and get what you can put away in your new purple BR. I love you, see you tonight!!